This year I have decided to do something new and that is to have a monthly Spotlight for one of my customers and/or students. These are people who have taken action and are creating their own home business income stream. This might be publishing books on Amazon, creating an Etsy or Shopify store, starting a new blog or setting up their own website or planner business.
Our next Spotlight for April 2022 is Marcy Patterson from theunpopularmom.com
Marcy has been a customer and student of mine for a long time and I am so happy to see the progress she has made. Here's here responses to my questions.
1. Please share with us your background, where you run your business from and a bit about yourself.
Hi! I am from Georgia, in the US, not Russia, just turned 51, I am a wife and mother to a 16 year old. I love to blog, and love where my blogging journey has led me so far!
2. What made you want to decide to start your store? What types of products do you create?
I wanted to start my store to show my 16 year old that it can be done! I also wanted to help children and parents of the children that are bullied. I believe one way we can get to know our children better is by journaling with them. I ultimately started my website to help promote my YouTube channel.
We can and are doing this! I also wanted to create a side hustle that will turn into a full time business! I create printables and digital journals and planners, for the most part.
3. What’s your favourite tool for creating your content?
My favorite tools for creating my content are Canva, above and beyond all other tools, and learning to love to create in PowerPoint, as well.
4. What advice would you give to anyone just starting out?
Don’t be afraid to create new things and show them to the world. Don’t be afraid of losing subscribers. If they want to leave, they are not your people!
5. Where do you see yourself and your business in the next five years?
I see me being able to do this potentially full time in five years.
6. Please share anything else you would like us to know about your business.
We can and will do this! Anything is possible! Put yourself out there, and create and share!
7. What’s the name of your store?
The store that I focus most of my energy on is the one on my website, https://theunpopularmom.com/amember/cart
8. How can people sign up to your affiliate program?
Marcy was kind enough to set up a special coupon for us as well. It is set for 35% off in her store. Use the code below to select your choices.
COUPON CODE: SUES35 35% Off